Monday, April 6, 2009

Bluebonnets Everywhere!!


The Bluebonnets are EVERYWHERE right now!

I have a long drive to work every day but I'm blessed that half of my drive is along a highway that has bluebonnets growing along both sides of it. They are one of my favorite flowers. If you've never seen one, you're really missing out. Right now they are about 5-6 inches tall, blue to purple in color, and they smell SO sweet. Many people around here pull off the side of the road and take pictures of their children in white clothing amid these amazing flowers.

So of course, we had to take pictures of our dogs out in the bluebonnets while we were out hiking at the nature center the other day. For a little while I laid down in them just to breathe in their sweet scent.
The bluebonnets bloom for such a short time around here. The all come at once, then they're gone. I wish they would last all year long, because they're just so pretty. But then I suppose, if we had them all the time, to look at any time we liked, they wouldn't be so precious, now would they?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thank you for that beautiful comment you left me on my blog! It made my heart smile so big! I look forward to getting to know you.

Happy Wednesday!!