Sunday, March 28, 2010

Keeping Watch

Baby Girl has got a good eye. She KNOWS how to watch for things. In the picture below, she is looking for the squirrels that run around in the neighbor's yard across the street. They are there every morning somewhere between 8:00-8:15. As they scamper from tree to tree she shouts, "Go squirrel!" and "Run squirrel!" Its about as adorable as you can imagine. And every morning, she looks for those squirrels. Every day, she is ready...waiting for her friends to arrive.


Whether we know it or not, we too, are waiting for something every day. Expecting. Hoping. What kinds of things do you wait for? Do you get up in the morning expecting a good day? Or do you get up in the morning expecting the same old, same old, more run of the mill? Do you expect good things to happen to you? As one great preacher says, "Something GOOD is going to happen to YOU!" Is your expector working these days?
I used to wake up in the morning dreading the beginning of yet another day. I had one nerve left and woke up laying on it. But nowadays, every morning when I wake up, my first thoughts are saying good morning to God and telling Him the things I am thankful for. I count my many blessings. I except good things to happen to me each day. And I can tell you, it has made a huge difference in my life... all because I've learned to have a different attitude. When I dreaded each day and expected bad things to happen, they usuall did. Nowadays when I look forward to each day and expect GOOD things to happen....guess what? I usually get good things!
Today I encourage you to keep an eye out for good things. Just like Baby Girl, keep watch. Look for good things to head your way-- even if you're hoping for more than just scampering squirrel friends. :)

1 comment:

Michelle's Day said...

THANK YOU for this post!!!!!