Thursday, August 5, 2010

Amazed

For a few days this week, I was rather troubled.
Well, if you want to get all technical about it, I was freaked out-- if you want to be honest. Troubled is just the word we just use when we have our church face on. Freaked out is the phrase I'd use in the privacy of my own home.
For a few days, I was freaked out because God had put a trial in my life-something new came up that I had to deal with that I didn't particularly want to. Had lots to think over, decisions to make. I wasn't going to get my own way about some things. Lord knows, we don't like that.
I got out one of my favorite books by Joyce Meyer, The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word to encourage myself and remind myself that God would give me wisdom and peace. And that's when I realized, that God put this trial in my life to be a blessing to me. I just had to see around it and realize that in a way, this obstacle that I saw was actually the pathway to an answer to prayer-- as I suspect most trials actually are when we can get the right perspective on them.So I am once again amazed.... amazed at how good God is. Amazed at how much He loves us. Amazed at the things He will do for us out of His love, even when we don't deserve it. I need to learn to stay amazed all the time, I think, because God is always working on my behalf, always working things together for my good even when I don't realize it.

Habakkuk 1:5 "Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. "

3 comments:

Belle said...

Today I was praying for something I wanted so much. Then I stopped and thought, "Do I really want this if God doesn't want me to have it?" No, I don't. Even though to me it seems like a good thing.
I am glad for his presence in my life. How could I live without him?

Anonymous said...

Oh I love love love that verse. It makes me realize that God can do something amazing everyday.

Unknown said...

We need to just learn to trust Him when things don't look right..He always has our best interests at heart!