Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grateful for Change

Today I just wanted to say a quick little thing about something I am so grateful for.
In the past few weeks, life has been a real challenge. We've had 3 deaths in the family that have broken my heart and others in the family. I have friends who are going through heart-breaking pain as well. Life has just been a real pain some days.
But.
I'm so grateful that God is so good.. that He has changed me so much over the last few years. I'm so grateful that He has brought good people into my life. That He has helped me so much.
Today I had an appointment at a spa that I go to frequently, and the people there are always so kind to me. I don't know them well, but we always chit chat and they're always friendly. I appreciate that. I'm grateful for the kind older man who talked with me while I waited for my car to get washed. A few years ago I probably would have hid behind a book and ignored everyone there. I'm grateful for the closeness I have in my marriage now, that we don't argue or fight or hold things over each other's heads like we used to. Its nice to just have good people in my life-- no more drama, no more craziness. Just so much more calmness and good days than I used to ever dream of. I'm glad that God has been changing me over the years so that I can appreciate the important things in life more.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

2 comments:

Belle said...

What a beautiful tribute to our God! Thank you for sharing.

Michelle's Day said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the deaths in your family! But I'm SO VERY GLAD to hear about all the positive changes!!!!!!