Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Worship

Today I felt led to take about an hour of my busy day to stop and just worship God. Most of the time I just pray and talk to him throughout the day, like when I get up in the morning, in the shower, while I'm driving, and things like that. But today I felt like I needed to just stop everything and put on some worship music, and spend some time with God alone. The dishes and laundry could wait. Amidst the Beatles and Joyce Meyer and the Mamas and the Papas on my iPod, I've got some incredible worship music on there. So I stopped everything today for a little while.
It reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for. Since I wasn't at home to journal on Thanksgiving, here are just a few things on my list:
  • The safety and happiness of my family-- that is a big one
  • the constancy of God, that He never changes. That gives me great security. To know that the 10 Commandments, Jesus, and God are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow makes me feel so much better in this ever-changing, scary world
  • that one day in February I "happened" to pick up a book at Barnes and Noble by Joyce Meyer called The Battlefield of the Mind which pretty much began a huge change in my life
  • that my husband and I both have new jobs that we really enjoy
  • the times that God has spoken to me this year (I'll write another post on that later)
  • my niece and nephew growing up healthy, strong, intelligent, and completely gifted and TOTALLY AMAZING (I may be JUST a bit biased on that, I admit)
  • hot, clean water to take a shower in ever night-- every night I thank God for that, because there are so many people who do not have either
  • Jesus-- 'nuff said
  • that God is changing me from the person I used to be (who I hated) to the person I want to be...even though its a slow process, at least I feel like I'm getting somewhere
  • that God answers prayer....even mine
  • there's so much more



2 comments:

Brandi Reynolds said...

isn't it totally mind blowing and affirmative when you realize the miracle in stuff like HOT WATER??

wonderful list.

many blessings~

Unknown said...

God is definitely worthy to be praised!!