Sunday, March 8, 2009

If anyone is in Christ He is a New Creation

My sister painted this for me. Isn't it completely incredible? My sister has amazing talent. It is a big, 9x11 watercolor with my favorite things on it: a butterfly, a daisy, and a rainbow (in the font.) I commissioned her to paint it for me because I am working (with God, of course) on this whole New Creation thing. It is hanging somewhere I will see it every day.
I got baptized today, by the way. It was pretty neat. Nothing like hanging out in soaking wet clothes in front of a couple thousand people. ;) Its something I've been wanting to do for about ten years, but was too afraid. Today I was finally brave enough to do it.
I wish I had family around so that I could have a party. But instead, after lunch, I just went for a quiet, long walk around the park and had a long talk with God.

2 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That is beautiful!

If I were near you, I would throw you a party. I was baptized as an adult and I remember how difficult that was. So congratulations! You did a great thing! May God bless your walk with Him more deeply because of your act of faith!

JMBMOMMY said...

Wow, that is beautiful!!! But your journey with Christ is also so beautiful! What fun awaits as you learn to bask in His joy more and more!!!