Saturday, October 24, 2009

God Surprised me twice this Week

God really took me by surprised this week. Both were an answer to prayer. One long term, and one short term. One was a prayer that I've been praying about nearly two years, and had a hard time with for what felt like FOREVER...day after day waiting, being anxious about... but I think that my prayer has been answered, and I am pretty sure I can relax about now I think things are going to work out now. I am so thankful.
Another was a smaller thing, but hopefully had an impact on another person. Every day when I wake up I ask God to help me be a blessing to someone. On a walk yesterday I saw a woman and her husband walking in the opposite direction of the baby and me. She had pretty gray,curly hair. I wanted to say give her a compliment, but felt shy and worried she'd think I was weird. So after they walked on by I told God, "If she needs to hear a compliment, and she walks on by me again, I'll say something."
Well, about 10 minutes later, she and her husband walked by again. So I stopped and comlimented her- I said "I hope you don't think I'm weird or anything, but I just love your hair-its so curly and such a beautiful color of gray, and so bouncy."
I'm so thankful that God had me say that, because the lady got tears in her eyes. She told me thank you so much, because she usually HATES her hair, and that made her feel better. Her husband said that her hair is like that from chemotherapy... and the woman said she doesn't like her hair anymore. I felt blessed. Maybe God having me speak outloud that compliment to her, His words out of my mouth about how beautiful she REALLY IS, will help her feel better about herself. She walked away smiling really big.
Isn't God awesome when he uses us little people to help someone?

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow! That is awesome. Praying that God uses you, more and more, to brighten up the world. :0)