Found this at http://www.biblicalspirituality.org/newyear.html thanks to my pastor, and it gave me some really interesting things to think about. Since I can really use some distraction tonight, and turning to God is always good for that, I'm going to try to come up with my own answers.
What would you say? Feel free to copy/ paste.
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
Spend more quiet time with God... more time talking to Him about HIM...less time asking for things, more time just enjoying His prescence and learning about Him.
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
To bring me a best friend that will last a lifetime. A real best friend who lives close by me, that I can go shopping with, have girl-talk with, do each other's hair if we want, go out to lunch, talk about our husbands and our jobs, tell secrets to each other, go to each other's houses, our husbands will be friends, she will be a strong Christian who loves to talk about God.
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
More personal time wtih my husband, just enjoying each other-not over housework, but just hanging out.
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
Actual Bible study and Scripture memorization. I've started on it- awesome new Bible program is helping.
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
Internet! Less time on the internet, and more time reading (easy to do) and more time doing Bible studies.
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
E-mailed someone a few weeks ago about volunteering in a certain part of the church that I never have before. It might start in February.
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
My brother-in-law, Wally.
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
Become more bold in sharing the love of God.
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
Take ADD meds more consistenly so I can concentrate better ;)
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Help raise children, show them the great love that the Lord has for them, be a comfort for them, be a healer for them, and a good role model.