Friday, January 20, 2012

Isn't that just like God?

I just love God. He is so good to me. I love how He is so personal and loving. I love how He is that still, quiet voice even though He makes such majestic, beautiful things. The other night I was driving home from work--in the mornings on my drive I face the sunrise, in the evenings I face the sunset. I always get a beautiful show.
I happened to be praying as the sun went down about some concerns about family and friends . You know the whole, "God will you please take care of _____, and take care of _____, and.... And I heard God say to me, taking the whole of the sunset in His Hands, "Will I Who take care of THIS [the sunset,the beauty that you love] not take care of YOU?"
Then a couple of weeks ago I read in a book about how the authors sensed they got "love messages" from God through seeing "hearts" everywhere-heart shaped leaves, heart shaped rocks, etc. I was pretty down at the time and prayed, "God, I don't EVER see things like that... I wish you would do stuff like that.... I feel left out."
Wouldn't you know it? In the past week I have seen no less than 4 heart-shaped leaves and 2 heart-shaped rocks :)
Isn't that just like our God?

Psalm 73:26My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion.

Jeremiah 31:33“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

2 comments:

Michelle's Day said...

very encouraging, uplifting!! love your positive outlook

Modern Day Helpmeet said...

Oh I love this! Thank you for sharing!