Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Core Beliefs

One of the things that has helped me in the past 8 months or so in getting over my past is getting firm about what I believe. Something I have done is write my beliefs down, write affirmaions and say them out loud, learning to speak out loud the word of God and learning to speak positively instead of negatively. Today I am going to write down some of my core beliefs, which are basically copies from my church. I go to a wonderful Bible Church in the city next to me, which is one of those great big mega-churches with a loud worship team, including electric guitar and drums. Love that loud music.
Next time I will post some of my core practices that I believe in doing, that have helped me take my mind off myself, helping me be less self-centered and more other-centered and has had a very positive impact on my life.

My Core Beliefs:
1. The Trinity: I believe the God of the Bible is the only true God-Father, Son & Holy Spirit 2 Cor 13:14
2. Salvation By Grace: A person comes into a right relationship with God by His grace, through faith in Jesus Christ-- that he died on the cross for our sins Eph 2:8-9
3. Authority of the Bible: The Bible is the Word of God and has the right to command my actions and beliefs. 2 Tim 3:16-17
4. Personal God: I Believe God is involved in my daily life and cares about me. Ps 121:1-2
5. Identity: I am significant because I am a child of God . John 1:12
6. Church :The church is God's primary way to accomplish His purposes on earth today Eph 4:15-16
7. Humanity: All people are loved by God and need Jesus as their Savior Joh 3:16
8. Compassion: All Christians are called by God to show compassion to those in need. Ps 82:3-4
9. Eternity: There is a heaven and a hell and Jesus is returning to judge the earth & establish His eternal kingdom John 14:1-4
10. Stewardship: Everything I am or own belongs to God 1 Tim 6:17-19

No comments: