Friday, March 13, 2009

The Power of Hope

Last night I wrote about how I am just a girl waiting on God.
This morning I starting listening to Joyce Meyer's The Power of Hope CD set for the 4th or 5th time. (If you click my title of this post, it should take you straight to the CD set on Joyce's awesome site so you can see it for yourself-- I think its one of her best.)
It reminded me of what waiting on God means.
I am not to sit here and wait positively. Laying around, being lazy.
"What are you doing?"
"Oh, I'm just waitin' on God."

No. Waiting is to have a confident expectation. Its active. Not lazy.
I'm waiting on Someone. Not just anyone.
What am I expecting? More importantly, Who am I waiting for?
Someone who desires to bless me. Someone who looks around to find people He can bless. Someone who longs to comfort His people, Someone who longs to be good to his children, Someone who longs-- did you catch that?-- LONGS-- to pour out-- did you catch THAT?-- pour out, not drip, not meter out, but POUR out a blessing, to his children.
But who do you think He's going to give it out to? The people who are sitting around whining, "God never does anything for me."
"I don't believe in a good God-- if he was good, he wouldn't let bad stuff happen."
"I don't see him anywhere, I don't know if he exists or not."
"Well, I used to believe, but he ain't done nothing for me lately."
"There are lots of ways to God, so you just believe in your god, and I'll believe in my Higher Power, and you go your way and I'll go mine."
No.
He wants to pour out his blessings to those who hope in HIM. Him alone. Those who wait expectantly, hopefully, in Him. Those who are waiting for YAHWEH to show up any day now. The Lord our Provider, The Lord our Healer, The Lord who Sanctifies, The Lord our Hope, The Lord our Salvation, The Lord of Hosts, the Lord our Banner, the God who is worth of Praise, our God who is more than enough, our God who is LOVE, our God alone.
Its HIM who I wait for.
Any day now, God is going to do something BIG for me. I don't know what it will be. But it will BE. And if it doesn't happen today...then maybe tomorrow. If not tomorrow...them maybe the day after that. Or in five years. Or ten. But it'll happen. This problem...these problems... I've had for 20 years, that I've been waiting for God to take care of... they could be gone by the end of the day. All its going to take is for Someone to show up. As long as I continue to seek Him, I can be confident that it will happen.

No comments: