Saturday, March 14, 2009

Things I'm Thankful for Today

This week I've done a fair bit of sighing. Been worn out, away from home too much, and feeling inadequate. This morning when I woke up I decided to make sure I changed my attitude.
I've let it get away from me for a few days.
Here is a short list of things that I'm thankful for, that I've been thinking of since my eyes opened this morning:
1. My warm bed, where I got to sleep until 10:15 this morning. 2. A good night's sleep.
3. My safe house.
4. Hot, clean, running water. (a lot of people don't have that-- and I love this ministry: ) <----click! 5. My soft, cozy couch where I laid and was a total lazy slouch for FIVE hours today. Today was my 1st day off in a while, and I actually let myself rest! It felt so good. 6. The 4 new Joyce Meyer Healthy Living DVD's I got to watch today, which I received as a special gift for my partner donation this month.
7. My 30 minute nap I got today.
8. The soup and sandwich I had at Chick Filet which was particularly yummy.
9. Going to the grocery store with my husband.
10. My cat Sadie, who curled up with me on the couch.
11. Having strong legs, and going on a walk with my dogs this evening.
12. The new book I'm reading by Bill Johnson called Face to Face with God.
13. The fire in the fireplace.
14. The 4 translations of the Bible that are sitting on our coffee table which I am free to read any time I want.
15. That I will be going to bed in 30 minutes, waking up in the morning in a soft warm bed again, and free to attend my Sunday School Group and Church and worship as I please.

No comments: