One of the hardest things I have to deal with is people who don't realize how much I have changed over the years. People who mean a lot to me but don't give me a chance. People who judge me based on who I was years ago and not who I am today. It makes me so sad and disheartened, you know? Especially after I have worked so hard to change, and worked so hard to let God have His way with my heart & soul. Every day I am a new creation. Hopefully some day, people will give me a chance.
The other day I found an Honor Code for a college which was a great inspiration for me. Although the 10 Commandments are a good start for a code to live by for me, I have taken that Honor Code and adapted it for myself & vowed to use this honor code to live by in addition to the 10 commandments. And even if other people have given up on me, or don't believe me for some reason, at least I know that I have integrity and am doing the best I can. So here it is:
- I will purpose to develop character and Godliness in seeking to become woman of God.
- I will take responsibility for my actions and constantly thrive for truth and honor in my personal life so I may lead others to do the same.
- I will live according to the Bible both morally and ethically to live in an honest and sincere manner.
- I will take responsibility for my actions and will not engage in behavior contrary to Christ.
- I will develop my relationship with God by diligently and passionately seeking Him .
- I will do my utmost to follow the will of God in my life and learn how to listen to His voice.
- I recognize that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit; I will work to discipline my body and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- I will develop healthy social relationships with others.
- I will serve God to the best of my ablity.
- I will listen to those God has placed in authority (even when its really hard).