Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm So Excited

John 10:10 (New International Version)
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.--Jesus
I am SO excited (as you may have gathered from the title.)
I've been sort of down the past couple of days, feeling rather...different, socially awkward, and down on myself. A little lonely-- missing people from my past. Wanting to talk to someone, but they're no longer around. Makes my heart hurt a bit. Could use a pick me up.
It helped a lot that on Sunday night and Tuesday night I was out around new friends and got a chance to hang out, got a few hugs. That helps a lot, probably more than they realize. I hope for lots more of that in the future.
And now I am really excited.
What about, you ask? Oh, I was hoping you would.
1. Today I got a bikini. Why's THAT exciting? Oh let me share. Because this is the 1st year I am not hugely embarassed showing my body in public. This is the 1st year that I'm not consumed by worrying about how I look, wondering what people think of me ("Do they think I'm fat/ ugly/ hideous?") I just don't care anymore. Although I'm still a bit boney on top for a bathingsuit to look quit right, my body is strong, my body is healthy, and I FEEL good.
2. We're going to my favorite waterpark in the world on Friday. It's the best place in the world to relax and have fun.
3. Just about 30 minutes ago I made reservations online for something I've been wanting to do for YEARS!! I am going ZIPLINING on Saturday! Imagine zipping through the skies at a breakneck speed while pretending you're a bird or a butterfly. Fun! For more info, peek here.
It is going to be SO much fun, and hopefully I'll come back home in one piece. Even if I don't, I still think the experience will be worth a broken arm ;)
Ziplining is one of the last things on my "Bucket List." I've gone up in a hot air balloon, swam with dolphins, spelunked in caves, climbed some mountains, screamed my head off bunji jumping/flying through the air and hurling towards the ground (4 times), gone on the fastest/tallest/steepest roller coaster in the world, and more. (You would never guess that I'm one of the quietest, shyest people you'd ever meet.) (Serious adrenaline issues though.)

So, I have a couple of exciting days coming up, as a nice gift from God and I am thankful.

2 comments:

Michelle's Day said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! VERY exciting :-)

♥♥ tuğçe♥♥ said...

it is good to see a person knowing the joy of the life