Thursday, August 6, 2009

In Love

Have you ever been in love?
I am in love with several people, whom I absolutely must tell you about.
  • My husband. We have our kinks to work out from time to time, but things get better every year. I love how I catch him reading his Bible before work, how he volunteers at church, how he is an incredible therapist, and how sexy he looks in jeans & a t-shirt. I love how he surprises me with things like vacations, & Tinkerbell coloring books;and how when I wake up with nightmares he tells me things will be okay. He's also incredibly smart. I love to hold hands with him and public and put surprise candy bars in his lunch box. And, he stuck with me through 2008, the hardest year of my life, hands down.
  • The baby. Okay so right now she is eating all my crackers and at lunch on Tuesday she threw a 45 minute fit (I took the opportunity to read a book), but I am in love with her. Today I dressed her in her most adorable outfit, a blue&white checked number with her name embroidered in red, and I could barely stand her cuteness. I love how she climbs all over me, how her mind works (today she invented a new game--hide things under the bed). I love how we have laughing contests to see who can be louder.
  • My niece and nephew. Sure I may be a little biased, but these kids are brilliant. I let them do things that I wouldn't let any other children get away with, such as put makeup on me, sit on me, and wake me up at 7 a.m. just to play. A couple nights this summer, my 6 year old niece slept on the floor with me. It took my breath away to watch her sleep. As I stroked her hair I wondered, how is it possible that even as much as I loved her when she was born, that I love her even more now? How is it possible for a little girl to look so much like an angel? And my nephew-how does so much personality get inside a 25 pound kid? I am head-over-heels for these little people.

I am completely crazy about these people.

Did you know that someone is in love with you? That someone is completely crazy about YOU? That person is God.

And no, I'm not kidding or making this up. The One who made you, made you for Himself, for His good pleasure. He took the time, before the beginning of the world, to think about you and plan your life. He has a good plan for your life, and everything that God starts, He finishes. He formed you in your mother's womb. He knows every hair on your head. He longs to comfort you, to take you in His arms and give you peace. He knows everything about you-- he has studied your face. God knows your favorite movie, your favorite book, that you love macaroni and cheese but that you hate broccoli (oh wait, that's me ;) ) He knows how many wrinkles you're going to have when you're 82 and that 3 boys broke your heart before you were 19. He knows every word that is going to be on your tongue before you even think of it. He realizes that you do things wrong and make mistakes, even the same mistakes over and over. Yet He is absolutely crazy about you. Why? Because He chooses to. Because He made you. Because He wants to. (This is all in the Bible-I'm not making any of this up!)

And whats even better...God's love is perfect and ever-lasting. God's doesn't fall out of love. Have you ever had THAT happen? Had people stop loving you? I've known that heartbreak more than I care to count. Some of the worst words I've ever heart in my life were "That's it-- I'm DONE." "You're not worth it." "I never really cared in the 1st place." But God will not ever, ever say those. He won't even think them. Instead He says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love." Yah...let that sink in. Everlasting.

The King of the World is in love with YOU, you beautiful thing you. Forever.

No comments: