Friday, November 12, 2010

God is God and I am NOT

This week I have been having one of those "I'm going to completely lose it if anybody asks me to do ONE more thing or if anyone else needs me to take care of them or if I have to pick just ONE more thing up off the floor" kinds of weeks. I've been overwhelmed, and some days the world just seems like an overly demanding & not very nice place. Then I find out people I love are sick, people I love are under attack by the enemy, more people need my time, blah-blah-blah. It just never ends sometimes, right? Sometimes I think if I don't get a break immediately, I'm going to burst into tears just because I'm so overwhelmed. There are days when its hard to find a balance in life.
But then there are these moments...these little moments. Like today when I took the kids to Target and it began pouring rain on the way. Not just a little rain, but a downpour. And I had forgotten my umbrella at home. Now I've got 2 little ones in the car, its chilly, and how am I going to get them into the store? So I prayed-- "God, could you please, just PLEASE make the rain slow down just long enough for me to get them into the store as dry as possible?"
And wouldn't you know it? The second I pulled into a parking spot-- the rain stopped. It not only slowed--it stopped completely and the sun came out.
And that reminded me of something.
During days like this, when I get scared for people I love, when the world is overwhelming, when the attacks against me and those I love seem too big-- I have a God who controls the whole world. He's in charge of the rain, he's in charge of the sun and moon and stars. He will move heaven and earth to take care of those he loves. Jesus overcame the power of death out of love. That's just how BIG and powerful our God is.
And because He is good, and He is Love, and He is Mighty, and He's in control-- I don't have to worry. He's God-- and I'm not. He's in control, and He can handle it. So I don't have to worry. I don't have to handle all those huge, scary things. He's got it all in his hands. God is more than capable of handling anything that comes my way, and none of it is a surprise to Him. Anything that comes my way-- He can take care of it.

2 comments:

Belle said...

Many times when I feel like life is too much, God reminds me of the verse, "Don't worry about anything." That verse encompasses everything and that helps me a lot.

Michelle's Day said...

AMEN!!! I'm COMPLETELY relating to pretty much every single word you posted here!