Saturday, September 10, 2011

Grateful

So much has changed in the past few weeks. Some things have been really really hard. I'm not big on change. I've been having some hard times. But I've also been especially aware that God is truly by my side and He is leading me step by step.
I have an incredible new job teaching Preschool to homeless children. I couldn't ask for anything better. At chapel, I see their mothers, homeless, who have absolutely nothing, and yet they are still filled with praises to God for being so good, loving and faithful to them. That is so humbling. It fills me with awe. The children are amazing. They have been through so much, yet they're filled with wonder at the simplest things.
I have been more involved with church lately, and speaking up more in things like Bible Study and our home group meetings. I'm so grateful for the friends I've made there, and for the worship time we have. I'm so grateful for the growth I've seen in our church. I'm so grateful for friends who reach out to help during hard times--they even reach out to my family, whom they don't even know. I'm so grateful for my wonderful new bosses. Its incredible to work in a Christian environment. It makes such a huge difference. I'm so grateful for the fall sunrises and for puppy kisses and reading goodnight stories to my niece and nephew, for laughing with my sister, and for surprises and pizza parties. We're going through tough times right now--financially, spiritually, and emotionally, but I know that God is here with me, and I am forever grateful for His faithfulness and His goodness.

1 comment:

Michelle's Day said...

So sorry you're having difficult things happen, but it's good that you're relying on God and praising God for every blessing!